Sunday, December 27, 2009

Home Office Shelving How To Install Shelving System On Plaster/lathe Wall?

How to install shelving system on plaster/lathe wall? - home office shelving

I thought it was a simple project management to manage that is in my apartment. I wanted to install shelving system with metal rivets and hooks on the wall in my office in my home office. See I thought the wall was wall panels, some wood and screws, 2 inches, but could not, the screws. Anywhere I hammer a nail is about 1 / 2 inches, then folds. All walls feels solid when you touch it - not hollow. Well, I think that is not at all drywall, plaster and probably to old.

Then I thought I could hang on the wall plastered with plastic expansion plugs. Somehow I have the beginning of a fixed line with anchors of 10-12 and 1 x 1-1/2 inch screws. But now can not penetrate the wall of more than 1 / 2-3 / 4 inches for a lower holes. I am pushing very hard but I hit something solid. (Maybe the trick behind the plaster - I'm not sure?).

What should I do now? You should try with dowels and screws smaller? I fear that simply does not provide enough depth in the shelves. Don & #039; want the wall to break badly. I have a few holes. They make matters worse, if it does not work.

Thank you for your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment